Anna Nasset will present her own experience as a victim of stalking for the last decade. Through the years, Anna has worked with nearly 100 service providers and community members, has successfully experienced prosecution and is currently still a victim of stalking. From the moment Anna first reported the behavior and actions of a stranger who was stalking her, to sentencing 8 years later; law enforcement, advocates, judges, prosecuting attorneys and more have worked together as a multidisciplinary team and supported her every step of the way, from across the country and within in multiple states. The involvement and support of all the service providers resulted in a conviction for felony aggravated stalking and felony cyber stalking, sentencing the defendant to the maximum 10 years in prison. Anna highlights the positive and lifesaving work of these individuals through-out her case study and gives concrete examples for all victim service providers when working with victims of stalking or other crimes. She educates on the importance of victim-centered responses for all victims of stalking and shares the success and outcome of these practices in her case and life.
As a result of this webinar, participants will be better able to:
- Recognize the victim experience of stalking and learn how to meet victims where they are, while understanding the hurdles and psychological toll stalking takes.
- Describe tactics you can take to encourage, empathize, and empower victims.
- Explain the complexities of the crime of stalking.
- Demonstrate how to build a stalking case: describing the victim’s role in self-advocacy and evidence collection, identifying patterns and actions of offenders, explaining the importance of multi-disciplinary teams, and proving psychological and life altering injury.
- Describe what justice looks like in a crime that for a victim of stalking, is never over.
CONTINUING EDUCATION (NURSES ONLY)
EVAWI is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing to provide Continuing Education contact hours for nurses (Provider #15641).
Registered Nurses may purchase 1.5 contact hours after completing this webinar.
With a paid registration or subscription, you are free to personally listen to this webinar, as many times as you wish. You may also excerpt or cite the material following accepted conventions. However, you may not allow other individuals to listen to this webinar without their own registration or subscription.