Our free Community Conversation Series goes beyond the basics, delving deep into topics covered in the Sexual Assault Medical Forensic Exam (SAMFE) Virtual Practicum. In this session, we will discuss language access, providing culturally specific care for Latin@ survivors, and addressing immigration concerns and questions.
Join us, and bring your own questions and suggestions for how we can all do better.
As a result of this webinar, participants will be better able to:
- Explain when and how to facilitate language access.
- Describe provision of culturally sensitive services for Latin@ survivors.
- Identify immigration concerns and how to address them.
- Identify community resources for Latin@ survivors.
- Closed captioning is available in English and Spanish.
- Spanish interpretation is available.
- American Sign Language is available.
CONTINUING EDUCATION (NURSES ONLY)
EVAWI is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing to provide Continuing Education contact hours for nurses (Provider #15641).
Registered Nurses may purchase 1.25 contact hours after completing this webinar.
This project is supported by Grant No. 15JOVW-22-GK-00265-ICJR awarded by the Office on Violence Against Women, U.S. Department of Justice. The opinions, findings, conclusions, and recommendations expressed in this program are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the U.S. Department of Justice.